Monday, October 17, 2011

General Impressions of Colombia

As I move on from the first country of my journey, here are a few observations that struck me:
1) The whole country has a way more cosmopolitan feel than I expected.
2) There are people of every color (observation influenced by my familiarity with El Salvador, where there are people of pretty much just one color).
3) The police are everywhere, and they are extremely friendly.
4) Road cycling is shockingly popular.
5) The mountains are completely absurd. It's hopeless to try to describe their scale.
6) A bill of 4,000 pesos in a restaurant (about $2.25) never ceased to shock me for an instant.
7) The food was either pretty good or really bad, nowhere in between.
8) Gay culture seemed to be thriving.
9) So many public libraries!
10) Good national colors.

Onwards to Ecuador! (Which I'm delighted to say has the same national colors!)



No comments:

Post a Comment